Wednesday, March 21, 2012

weather conditions











Tonight I have been working on a fund raising project I participate in every year for the Youth Gardeners. This year I am painting a stylized peacock feather on an Adirondack chair using a light pallet.

Last night I made my sketch and made some design decisions. As with any work for me, the design, pallet, skill and meaning all receive consideration. I find that if I do the footwork, there seems to be more freedom in the moment of execution and that is when inspiration takes front row.

One of the many benefits from this study has been find and creating the conditions in which I am able to find inspiration. The design, the skill, the pallet, those are the tools one spends a lifetime of practice on.

Inspiration is found in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment