Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ode to Michelangelo


As I look for you through my looking glass
colors and stone, folklore and wiki wield their testimony.
Who can deny your Angeloic gifts to us.
to use Marc's word, let me be your witness.


I imagine walking dusty path to Florentine churches.
Your mysteries manifested reside in the Vatican.
I tumble softly through
the cotton clouds with angels and God.

When will I see your face.
There are so many years between us.
Do the tender touches, mean you were.
Are there still silent secrets sleeping.

One can only look for the deeper meaning
Can i see you in me
In what way will you travel with me on my dusty path
that has brought me to you in times twisting tease?

6 March 1475 – 18 February 1564
Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
what is in a name.
Italian Renaissance painter, sculptor, architect,engineer,
poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment