Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday, July 23, 2010

Anyone who knows me knows of my unfulfilled passion for travel. To see knew exotic places is my fondest wish. In the midst of my fertile imagination is a fantastic world to be discovered. Then of course there is the real world, my world. So far, the universe has not afforded me the experience of travel, save New Mexico, South Dakota, New York City, Cleveland, Ohio and of course the original travel teaser “ The Bahamas”
So when my clients come back from some faraway place like Italy, Africa, South America, I ask the questions and imagine myself there. It is the poor man’s travel guide, first class all the way.
Recently one of my friends said, "It is every artist obligation to travel to Florence." and so I would if I could. I even got a passport about seven years ago so that if the universe decided to send me I would be prepared. So far there is no travel on the horizon. But that somehow does not stop my mind. I think they use to call that, (back in my days of youth) astro travel.
I am at present eating, sleeping and breathing DaVinci. For me to really connect with someone, I need to find a point of identification. But how does ordinary me identify with extraordinary DaVinci.
I have my inspired art work planned and I continue to get to know him through the pages of recorded history.
Stop the presses!
I have plan
I’m taking a trip to Florence this Sunday.
You may be saying to yourself, I thought she just said that she is not yet traveling due to her personal circumstances, and you would be partially right.
You heard me right; Sunday I am planning a day in Florence.
I am one of those girls that have lived by the motto, where there is a will there is a way. Now stay with me here. No I am not climbing on to an airplane and flying across the ocean to that mystical land of the creative birthplace of the renaissance, but I have never been one to let my meager circumstances limit my enthusiasm and zest for life.
I am having a day of Florentine delight at my home on Sunday. I am going to research the food of the day, 1400's, Florence, Italy, surf the web for video or the culture and landscape of the land , listen to renaissance music and maybe even indulge in some Romanic fiction, Florence style.
DaVincian principle number three- Sensazione- The continual refinement of the senses, especially sight, as the means to enliven experiance.
And so I embark on this new adventure, to experience DaVinci through my senses.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment